Credit Control Team Leader
Competitive | Northampton | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 29 days ago
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our most prestigious clients who are an industry leader in the technology sector, supporting them with the recruitment of a Accounts Payable Team Leader to join their thriving team in Northampton (remote working during the pandemic and just 2 days in the office thereafter). The role will pay a highly competitive salary (available on request) and bonus.
You will lead a team of 8 Credit Controllers, administer all data related to credit management of internal and external customers, maximise cash collections and achieve related Company targets whilst building and maintaining good customer relations.
What is expected of the Credit Control Team Leader?
* Coordinate credit controller's day to day activities to avoid business interruptions.
* Supervise the determination of credit profiles of customers to minimize risk to the Company and approve credit limits within the team leaders' scope of accountability.
* Ensure that overdue debt is identified and dealt with according to internal procedures to minimize Company exposure.
* Resolve queries through liaising with various internal departments to ensure payments are received in a timely manner.
* Solve problems internally concerning credit & collection issues or pass issues through to the right person according to internal procedures.
* Lead and /or participate in projects related to the field of Credit Collection.
* Hold regular team meetings with Credit Controllers and Credit Manager.
* Arrange monthly escalation meetings with sales.
What we look for in a Credit Control Team Leader?
* Experience working in a credit environment.
* Previous Team leader or Supervisory skills.
* Excellent customer handling skills.
* Numerate and literate.
* PC literate with excellent excel skills.
* Current CICM Qualification, Part qualification or willingness to study for this qualification.
What the Credit Control Team Leader will receive?
- Industry leading benefits
- Competitive basic salary (available on request)
- Working for a global leading brand
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.