£55,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 3 days ago
Purpose of Job
* Assists Head of Risk and Deputy Head of Risk to manage a robust Credit Risk Management Framework for the London Branch, to ensure that London Branch has appropriate systems and controls in place for measuring, managing and controlling credit risk.
* Utilises a risk-based approach to drive revenue while maintaining appropriate credit risk disciplines to balance risk, productivity and maximising efficiency.
* Undertakes effective management of credit and trading risk exposures within established limit, tenor and documentation parameters, together with providing risk assessment, transaction structuring, deal execution and credit risk profile monitoring for all London Branch's clients.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
* Analysing financial statements and preparing high quality counterparty analysis for the annual renewal process with a view to formulating and substantiating a recommendation for credit appetite and risk rating;
* Assist with transactional approvals, for which a familiarity with traded products (some or all of: Derivatives, FX,); understand how the transactions fits within the counterparty's and the Banks strategy; liaison with all relevant units such as Front Office, Market Risk, Operations, and legal & Compliance;
* Take ownership and accountability for ensuring timely submission of Credit Approval documentation, monitoring of clients' financial performance, and other analysis and reporting as required;
* Follow, monitor and elevate market trends and events which may impact the credit quality of the portfolio; together with on-going monitoring and analysis of risk ratings and exposure for assigned clients, as well as ensuring adherence to all aspects of prevailing credit policy;
* A willingness to undertake ad-hoc departmental project work and special reporting tasks is essential;
* Assist to provide advice on all aspects of credit risk management including ensuring that the branch has robust standards, controls and practices in place to mitigate the credit risks which could impact upon its capital, earnings, reputation, business operations, opportunities or otherwise.
* Assist to manage the credit review & approval process.
* Ensuring compliance with bank credit risk policies.
* In addition to these duties, the Employee may from time to time be required to undertake additional or other duties within his/her capacity as necessary to meet the needs of the bank's business.
Experience and Qualifications
* Degree holder minimum
* Minimum 2 years' experience in credit risk analysis
* Strong credit risk analysis comprising risk-based and conclusion-oriented analytical skills; ability to defend a point of view;
* Experience and knowledge of financial traded products to include FX & Derivatives;
* Strong work organisational skills with an ability to prioritise and work under pressure to ensure commitment deadlines are met. Ability and willingness to work as part of a team is essential;
* Strong technical skills including Word, Excel, Powerpoint
* Understanding of credit risk sensitivities in the portfolio and risk drivers of exposure;
* Familiarity with legal documentation (ISDA/CSA, GMRA, GMSLA, F&O) and LMA loan documentation;
* Knowledge of issues relating to industry risk, transaction risk, an awareness of country risk factors, reputation risk, and operational risk; keen interest to learn;
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral - ability to be concise and with attention to accuracy and detail; ability to influence business partners and stakeholders;
* Good interpersonal skills and team player with a proactive attitude and ability to think independently and laterally;
* Able to quickly absorb and follow credit policies and procedures; demonstrated ability to continuously learn and adapt with a proactive work ethic;
* Chinese language is preferred but not essential.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.