Contract Business Intelligence Tester (MUST HAVE BI EXPERIENCE)
£400 per day | West Yorkshire | Contract
Posted 27 days ago
The InterQuest Group are currently sourcing a skilled Contract Business Intelligence Tester for a key client in the centre of Leeds. Reporting to the Test Team Lead, the Tester will work within a Scrum Team made up of a number of Testers, Developers and business experts.
The candidate will have experience of working in time boxed sprint cycles and is comfortable interpreting user stories and business requirements containing varying degrees of detail. The candidate will be able to perform test analysis and produce test scripts to the highest standard.
This is a very hands-on role and helps to ensure my client can provide an amazing experience for their customers
The environment is dynamic and the project approach is Agile in nature.
- You will be working closely with Developers and Testers within Scrum Teams. You will be responsible for timely and accurate manual testing of a number of Tableau Dashboards and Data Source validation projects.
- You will query SQL databases to ensure data integrity is maintained through the ETL process.
- You will create test scripts using Test Manager.
- You will also be responsible for reviewing scripts created by colleagues within the team and feeding in to a culture of continued improvement within the test function.
The focus of this role is multifaceted where you will validate source and target data sets as well ensuring the end user experience meets the business requirements.
Working in an Scrum team, you will work closely with your team and stakeholders to deliver the correct quality, this will include reviews with stakeholders.
This role will require you to think in a logical manner, solving problems and employing a methodical approach to your work with excellent attention to detail.
The successful candidate is expected to be able to work unsupervised, to tight deadlines and work to the highest degree of accuracy.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Possess experience as a Tester or in a similar QA position.
- Possess some basic experience in SQL.
- The following is desirable:
- Experience of using TFS (Sprint Planning)
- Experience of using Test Manager (test case creation, execution and defect management)
- Advanced SQL scripting/querying is highly desirable.
- In return, we offer an excellent salary and benefits package with fantastic opportunities for progression in a growing business.
Please contact Samuel.Knight@interquestgroup.com directly or call 01423878650 for more details
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.