£35,000 | London | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 23 days ago
IQ Solutions are recruiting a Ecommerce Content Coordinator for a major fashion brand, paying up to £28.000. You will work 3 days per week in their West London office and 2 days per week from home.
You'll be working to support the content and structure of our clients website to maximise the global growth of the digital business. Working as part of the Digital Content team as the key person responsible for delivering and publishing all website content. There will be a heavy focus on management of workload, communication with stakeholders and planning delivery of campaigns. To a lesser extent, you will be involved in the planning and creative stages of content, as well as supporting the Digital Content Manager to deliver the rolling content plan.
What is expected of the Content Coordinator?
* Updating the websites in line with updates from Content Planning, the weekly Trade meeting and Ad Hoc requests to a high first-time accuracy.
* Creating HTML, CSS actions & edit experiences in Adobe Target to support Promotions and Personalisation. Ensuring all content is accurately tagged to for the Analytics and E-coms teams.
* Updating documentation when current processes change & reinforce content SLAs with their colleagues. Supporting the Digital Content & Trading Manager in identifying weakness in current processes, whilst also working with third parties to ensure that we are utilising the ideal tools to resolve all issues.
* Tracking and managing the content workload and all BAU workstreams so that their capacity for upcoming weeks is visible.
* Supporting the Content Plan by which all major launches run to ensure the wider team is aware of the key milestones
What we look for in a Content Coordinator?
* Strong Stakeholder management required to communicate regularly the status of content updates to the appropriate stakeholders in Ecommerce team Senior teams
* The essential CMS experience required to enhance their digital content.
* To Maintain a good relationship with all key teams - Brand, Marketing, Merchandising and Creative - and use touchpoints during the week to gather direction of these teams as a whole and their top priorities for content.
* The Customer Experience required to Optimise on-site content campaigns, promotions, messaging and navigation, responding to Content & Digital Trade and data analysis feedback, documenting the results and sharing best practices.
* To ensure output is in line with the marketplace and uses actionable insights from Content & Digital Tarde analysis.
* Exceptionally high standards for QA of content across the wider E-com team; ensuring your work is properly checked before and after going live, and encouraging your colleagues to do the same.
* The Responsibility to launch and execute all online site refreshment updates, ensuring that all campaigns are support by relevant engaging content and that balance commercial and editorial needs.
* The knowledge required for competitor sites and web best practices to ensure a fluid and optimal journey on all of the content you produce. Flag to the appropriate teams if any part of the experience is subpar.
What the Content Coordinator will receive?
* Up to £28,000
* Hybrid working pattern
* A company which lives by its values of being friendly, grounded and uplifting
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.