£95,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 16 days ago
Role Title: Compliance Specialist
Albany Beck are hiring for a Compliance & Payments Expert, to work on a long-term deployment with one of our Global Investment Management Organisations. This is a great opportunity to work on a truly exciting programme of work with a globally established organisation, who are going through an exciting period of growth. The ideal candidate will have strong Compliance and Payments experience throughout their career. A strong understanding of different payments systems is a must-have in this role.
Role Description + Responsibilities:
* As a compliance expert in the payment, this role will work as part of the Payments consultants team. The role will focus on understanding the existing regulations that pertain to the different payment systems (CHAPS/RITS/SEPA and Fed etc), review them in accordance with the current TOM, identify gaps and deficiencies, map out remediation and change activity required to ensure compliance and then lead the implementation of those changes.
* This is a pioneering role and as a result, the process that is used to map and implement the changes associated with the regulations will be used to form the blueprint for future reviews across the business.
Skills / Experience required:
* Knowledge of Cash & Payment regulations, regulatory transaction reporting and industry best practices
* Broad Knowledge of global Payment Scheme obligations (CHAPS/RITS/SEPA and Fed etc) would be advantageous
* Seasoned multi-disciplinary expert with extensive technical and / or business knowledge and functional expertise
* Operations/audit/control/risk partner with knowledge of the relevant business practice including its strategic goals, associated products and supporting operational functions.
* Knowledge of risk management techniques and proven ability to identify and assess risk in business processes, migration activity and new products.
The competencies that would be valuable for this role include:
* Excellent attention to detail and organization skills.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities.
* Strong communication both written and oral with the ability to synthesize information into concise and structured output.
* Self-starter with the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment.
* Negotiation and analytical skills are necessary to consult with partners/clients throughout the organization as well as regulators and auditors.
* Effective project management skills are essential to help drive various initiatives and manage multiple priorities.
* Ability to sell the value-added benefit of the oversight function
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.