Cloud & Virtual Platforms Service Owner- Ms Azure Cloud & Virtual Platforms Service Owner with exper
£62,643 | London | Permanent
Posted 27 days ago
Cloud & Virtual Platforms Service Owner- Ms Azure
Cloud & Virtual Platforms Service Owner with experience in designing, implementing, and supporting Cloud & Virtual Platforms solutions, with specific knowledge of cloud hosting solutions (Ms Azure, Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services) to join a central government department within their Cloud and Virtual Platform team.
The Cloud & Virtual Platforms Service owner will be responsible for the management and prioritisation of the service backlog, collaborating with colleagues to provide a highly available, secure and reliable Cloud & Virtual Platforms service. You will act as the technical subject matter expert and lead on defining and delivering a vision for the Cloud & Virtual Platforms service whilst managing a small team.
Cloud & Virtual Platforms Service Owner- Essential Experience
* Experience in designing, implementing and supporting Cloud & Virtual Platforms solutions, with specific knowledge of Cloud hosting solutions.
* Experience with Microsoft Azure and or Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services and their respective Infrastructure-as-a Service, Platform-as-a-Service and Software-as-a-Service products
* Experience of network architectures to support the use of Public Cloud services including usage of Virtual Private Cloud connections (Express Route.)
* Awareness of server / platform performance monitoring, analysis and troubleshooting tools, (SCOM/OMS)
* Experience of Virtual platform solutions (Vmware, Hyper-V) and storage solutions (Netapp, Pure Storage.)
* Experience of Physical and cloud-based pre-production environments and back up technologies.
* Strong teambuilding and management skills with the ability to motivate, lead and develop a diverse team ensuring resources are organised appropriately and effectively
Cloud & Virtual Platforms Service Owner- Desirable Experience
* Skills in Cloud / software defined networking
* Awareness of serverless technologies, optimisation, automation and self-service
* Knowledge of Powershell scripting and Database management systems (SQL)
* Experience of Server Operating Systems (Windows Server and Linux), Administration of Active Directory Services
* Knowledge of Public Key Cryptography and administration of certification authority services
Our client offer's an attractive range of benefits including 30 days' annual leave, interest free season ticket loan and bicycle loan, access to training and development, in house gym and a contributory pension scheme/ 36 hour week. Flexible working/ Full civil service benefits/pension
Please note that the role will be subject to obtaining SC Security Clearance, the client is happy to clear a successful candidate representing a great opportunity to obtain cle
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.