Cloud Security Engineer
£65,000 | Manchester City Centre | Permanent
Posted 19 days ago
Cloud Security Engineer
£65K plus benefits
Our client, a leading global asset manager is looking to grow their cyber security function. The business is currently undertaking a major transformation programme which includes significant change to the technology platform and organisation structure.
They are looking for an Cloud Security Architect to join their team in their new Tech Hub in the heart of Manchester. This strategic Manchester-focused initiative is being set up with a mission to digitise the investment process and will be critical to the technology transformation (particularly around the public cloud, specifically Azure ).
* Lead the prioritised security engineering initiatives for cloud security across Insight, as part of the cloud programme.
* Be hands-on to deliver automation and maintenance for key security components and services including log collection, analytics engines, identity access, encryption services and centralised dashboarding.
* Work with the Security Operations team to produce automated and meaningful security key metric and performance reports.
* Develop and continuously improve overall cloud security posture by improving the ability to prevent, detect, identify and respond to critical security events
* Assess new and evolving cloud security services (e.g. Azure Sentinel, Cloud App Security) for suitability and develop security blueprints to support adoption
* Identify and resolve Cloud security service integration issues and propose and develop service improvements
* Extensive working knowledge and experience of designing, securing and integrating applications/systems within Azure public cloud environments including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
* Working experience with Cloud secrets management such as Cloud vaults, key management & rotation, MFA, HSM's.
* Working technical knowledge of the techniques, standards and state-of-the art capabilities for authentication and authorisation, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation.
* Working technical knowledge of automation using a variety of tools such as PowerShell, Azure CLI, Runbooks, ARM Templates, Terraform etc as well as integrating services through APIs and orchestration tools such as Chef and Puppet
* Familiar with IT Security standards and industry recognised guidelines such as CIS and OWASP
* Familiar with onboarding and integrating external 3 rd party SaaS solutions with company security tools such as user authentication and SIEM
* Experience of agile methodologies and DevSecOps processes.
* Familiar with Defence in Depth techniques.
* Familiar with containerization including building secure container images, architectural design, monitoring and security tooling for CI/CD pipelines such as Teamcity, Aqua Security, SonarQube.
* Experience of relational databases i.e. MSSQL, MySQL
* Familiarity with various operating systems i.e. Windows Server, Linux
If you are looking to join a successful, growing company in a highly visable team, this could be the opportunity for you!
Shortlisting now, apply ASAP to avoid disappointment.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.