Cloud Architect (Azure)
£675 per day | London | Contract
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 25 days ago
Cloud Architect (Azure)
Our client are going through an exciting period of change, with the Technology Team at the driving seat. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a passion for Technology and a background in Cloud Architecture to support the Transformation of our business through the delivery of our multi-year Transformation agenda.
The ALLOY programme is a critical and key part of the transformation agenda and this role will be responsible for defining the Architecture and standards as part of the ALLOY AZURE Cloud Migration Project. This programme serves as a firm foundation on which many of our current and future systems will reside.
The Cloud Architect will be responsible for all aspects of the Azure IT architecture.
The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing Design Patterns and Standards, and in ensuring our Azure architecture is optimally designed and set up
The chosen individual must we well versed in Azure Architecture, should hold Azure Architecture certifications and have worked on Cloud Migrations previously
To support the successful scoping and implementation of the clients Azure Architecture.
The Cloud Architect will be responsible for:
1) Requirements gathering and translation into Architectural designs
2) Documenting design patterns
3) Review and set up/changes to the clients Azure Landing Zone
4) Definition and maintenance of cloud architectural standards
5) Architect and design solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements
6) Create and review architecture and solution design artifacts
7) Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
8) Proactively provide guidance on engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices
9) Identify, communicate and mitigate Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Decisions
* IT Architecture - theoretical and practical
* Azure / Cloud specific Experience
* Good Communication and Facilitation skills
* Demonstrates strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills
* Project Management skills
* Ability to work with ambiguity and uncertainty
* Ability to work and mange 3 rd party System Integrators
* Leadership skills be able to inspire others and persuade
* Excellent technical architecture skills, enabling the creation of future-proof, complex solutions
* Knowledge and experience in IT methodologies and life cycles
* Familiar with solution implementation/management, service/operations management
* Maintains close awareness of new and emerging technologies and their potential application for service offerings and products.
* Minimum of 3+ years in a solution architecture role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms.
* Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
* Experience building and supporting mission critical technology components with DR capabilities
* Experience with multi-tier system and service design and development for large enterprises
* Extensive, real-world experience designing technology components for enterprise solutions and defining solution architectures and reference architectures with a focus on cloud technologies
It is important that the person in role has experience of performing a similar role within a comparable organisation, or has experience of delivering the requirements of this role across multiple clients as a member of a top tier professional services (consulting) firm.
Please get in touch for a full detailed job spec.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.