Cisco Network Engineer
£56,000 | Brentford | Permanent
Posted 20 days ago
Our client is a well-established organisation and market leader in their field. The client is now looking for a passionate Cisco Network Engineer to join their highly successful network operations team. You will be providing support to internal customers, project and design teams across the enterprise LAN / WAN / WLAN environments. Using your in depth networking skills, you will resolve highly complex issues and perform BAU activities including actioning tickets and maximising network performance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Configure and install enterprise level network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, WLAN, load balancers, DNS/DHCP/IPAM, QoS)
* Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
* Resolve highly complex or critical incidents involving multiple enterprise services, lead and/or engage in Service Restoration and Root Cause Analysis Activities as required and identify opportunities for internal process enhancement
* Monitoring of support ticket queues and implementation of Business as Usual (BaU) customer requests
* Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
* Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
* Create, maintain and update documentation on all networking processes and procedures
* Provide advanced technical support during business hours and non-business hours on a rotating on-call basis.
* Perform other related duties as required.
This is a fantastic role where you will need to have a high degree of energy, enthusiasm and commitment to succeed. The role is a brand new role and will require flexibility and creative thinking skills to relentlessly contribute towards making a truly great service. The client is offering fantastic opportunity for career progression through to departmental leadership.
This will be a varied role that will appeal to somebody who enjoys juggling a number of different projects and who doesn't mind being interrupted to resolve a network crisis. You need to enjoy being part of the team and a problem solver to get the most out of this role.
Fantastic opportunity to join a great client in a high profile role; interviews scheduled for next week, send CV ASAP to avoid disappointment.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.