Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
£120,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 12 days ago
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for an exceptional Chief Technology Officer, to join our thriving well known Insurance organisation. The client is going to strength to strength with extensive growth plans within the last 12 months. The successful individual will be specifically aligned to one of our client's portfolio of offering and will be responsible for large scale cross technology and managed services transformation engagements, and, for delivering strategic consulting and significant ongoing service engineering. The role is pivotal in bridging the gap between business demands and technology solutions.
In terms of experience you would be a Technology leader with ideally experience within the financial services/ Insurance space. You would have a track record in leading and directing the enterprise architecture. You will have knowledge of and experience in designing and implementing technology solutions comprising of multiple technologies and business applications and significant experience in engineering innovative improvements to ongoing managed services.
We seek a candidate in the company's business and commercial issues and ensure the Strategy and IT activity is in line with the business strategy. You will identify and analyse requirements and customer problems, develop suitable architectures and lead a virtual team across Europe.
The crux of the role is to ensure that there is a clear understanding of business requirements and priorities ensuring appropriate IT solutions are identified & delivered in an expedient manner. You will define and own the IT Mission, formulate and deploy short, medium and long-term strategic IT Plans that align the IT business model with business needs of the organisation.
* At least 15 years in I.T. supporting core technology operations in either infrastructure or applications, over at least 2 different companies, providing support to over 200 staff.
* Experience in dealing with multiple suppliers
* Large scale program/project management experience and delivery of projects within tight timeline parameters with emerging technologies Cloud, Voice/Video oIP, Virtualization etc.
* Experienced with all aspects of IT Applications (Finance/ HR/ Procurement etc) and Technology services, Infrastructure & Data Center operations, including Service Desk, Licensing, Desktop, Client support, LAN/WAN, Telecom, UNIX, Wintel, SAN & Storage technologies.
* Capable of building high performance teams
* Ability to manage insource/outsource model
* Knowledge of security trends and the ability to build robust
* Security Architecture
* Experienced with Disaster Recovery designs and
* Business Continuity
* Experienced at vendor, outsource service provider management and contract negotiations.
* Strong experience in maintaining enterprise level license agreements and managing service level agreements
* (SLA) with outsourcing partners
* Experience in ITIL , COBIT 4.1, SOX/J-SOX and Solvency
* II Audit compliance a plus
* ITIL/ITSM expertise
In terms of experience this role requires someone who has managed a European IT departments, designing and implementing solutions, business software applications and engineering innovative improvements to current technology change programmes. You will take responsibility to maintain global business process and IT knowledge necessary to anticipate IT solutions for emerging technology and business advancements.
A pre-requisite is the ability to communicate & present effectively to executive stakeholders. You'll be a strong influencer, able to get buy in from stakeholders & subordinates alike. You'll have demonstrable experience of Agile, Transformation & Change Management and Project Management, MSP, Prince 2 & ITIL, (foundation or practitioner certified) & expertise in a Global/ European IT delivery and industry best practice in process, controls, Information Security, standards and methods within Software Development/ Operations Directorship.
Our client is offering a superb range of benefits including generous bonus, potential share options, pension, life insurance etc. A fantastic opportunity to join a great blue chip organisation, short listing early next week - send your CV ASAP to avoid disappointment.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.