Chief Risk Officer - Payments - Generous Package + Options + Bonus - London
Competitive | London | Permanent
Posted 14 days ago
InterQuest have been engaged by an exciting rapidly growing payments firm to support the hire of a Chief Risk Officer to aid their expansion plans. The client has recently received a significant investment from an exciting fund and are poised to grow at pace over the next 24 months.
The successful candidate will be responsible for risk, compliance and legal across multiple jurisdictions. Leading licencing strategies, creation and implementation of risk frameworks, and embedding a culture of effective risk management will be key to the success of the role. The role will suit someone who has experience of creating and implementing best in class risk frameworks, working closely with regulators, and working within a fast-paced growth environment. The ability to both operate at a strategic level and also provide technical guidance will be key.
- Support growth plans by leading, designing, and implementing licencing strategies
- Work closely with regulators on all regulatory matters whilst creating and maintaining a strong working relationship
- Create and manage the required compliance and regulatory frameworks
- Develop, implement, and embed a strong risk management framework including a mature risk management culture
- Develop the enterprise risk framework and associated periodic reviews
Skills and experience:
- Extensive risk and compliance experience within banking and financial services with a clear idea of what good risk management and risk management frameworks look like
- Specific experience within payments or having previously worked within a fintech/start-up environment
- Strong experience related to digital-centric risks including technology/IT risk, operational resilience, and emerging digital risks
- Extensive understanding of regulatory frameworks within multiple jurisdictions and how to operate effectively within those frameworks
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills with the ability to influence at a senior level and hold regulatory relationships being key
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.