£55,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 20 days ago
Job Title: Developer
Employment type: Permanent
Location: London / Hybrid
We have an exciting opening for a Developer that has strong C# & SQL experience to work with one of UKs leading media broadcasting companies. After seismic growth the team are looking to scale out their development capabilities.
The Technology department is charged with establishing, monitoring and maintaining information technology systems and services to enable business users to carry out their roles efficiently, productively and securely.
The department must stay at the forefront of technology change in order to meet multiple business requirements, provide secure IT infrastructure and proactively support strategic growth opportunities.
The Content development team is responsible for applications and services used by the business to commission, schedule and manage all aspects of programmes - for traditional linear broadcast and on-demand VoD platforms.
The developers in the team design, build, deploy and maintain these systems. We aim to be Agile in our approach, and we encourage automated testing and continuous integration.
* Playing a leading role in the Content development team, building new functionality as well as providing support for existing systems
* Working closely with other key team members - including other developers, architects, and system-analysts - to design and implement technical solutions to business requirements.
* Supporting the Tech Lead and other Lead Developers on development initiatives.
* Acting as a mentor and providing guidance to other less experienced developers.
* Playing an active role during the design phase of new code and systems.
* Promoting code quality via techniques such as unit testing and code reviews.
* Maintaining code standards and ensuring new code follows them.
* Excellent communication skills, and an ability to relate to technical and business staff.
* Able to confidently communicate with stakeholders
* Able to work autonomously, prioritise and multi-task across project work.
* Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Experience & Skills
* Strong C# development skills
* Service development using ASP .NET Web API, or WCF
* Good SQL development skills, with a knowledge of database schema design principles
* AWS experience is advantageous
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.