Business Change Manager (Financial Services)
£110,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 19 days ago
Our client is a Global Asset Management organisation based in the City of London is urgently looking for a Business Change Manager to be responsible for the successful delivery of multiple projects to drive forward the successful delivery of the Global PMO Group strategy and related business plan, in conjunction with the global IT strategy.
We are searching for a proven track record of successfully implementing technology projects to continuously enhance the global operating platform through a combination of transformation of operations and business application solutions globally to add value to the business. You will have demonstrated by a successful track record of managing complex Technology/change projects in a mutlinational environment with a solid background in financial services. You will be successful planning and delivery of projects with a majority concentration on IT, on time, to budget, to quality standards and responsible for detailed project planning and related governance/ compliance.
You will ensure delivery of requested outcomes from technical platform migrations and software development projects using a robust and documented project method. In conjunction with Commercial Operations, analyse, manage, and govern resources to deliver projects on time, on budget and take direct responsibility to negotiate change control revenues and effective communication of project progress. You will deliver Project Management services across a range of projects, working across their Global PMO team. Experience of working within a fast-moving, changeable environment with new technology/products and working practices would be ideal.
* Act as Business Change Manager for various operations and IT projects globally, and various project/ change initiatives locally.
* SFDR or ESG would be ideal
* Manage projects in compliance with the clients Project Management Standard.
* As the project manager, communicate with stakeholders of the project to initiate as planned, facilitate project meetings, create and maintain project documentation required under the Project Management Standard, and other documents needed to execute projects effectively and efficiently.
* Design and execute the overall project plan, including defining deliverables, forming the execution strategy, supervising the execution of planned tasks, and performing integrated change control
* Identify and manage required project resources, both human and financial.
* Compile and submit project performance reporting to the Program Manager (if applicable), Project Sponsor, Business Owner, Steering Meeting (if applicable), and other management meetings as required by the Project Sponsor.
* Where a Steering Meeting is required, ensure communications with steering members are transparent and timely.
* Lead the project with day-to-day decision-making authority as delegated by the Project Sponsor and / or Business Owner.
* Identify, record and address risks and issues during projects, ensuring action plans are in place for each item and regularly tracked to closure.
* Identify stakeholders including those who will have direct or indirect interest in the changes anticipated, acknowledge their requirements, and take requirements into consideration in a transparent manner.
* Confirm project closure with the Program Manager (if applicable), Project Sponsor and Business Owner.
Experience and qualifications:
* Circa 5 year plus working experience as a Business Change Manager in the financial services industry, with a focus on process transformation and/or IT solution delivery
* High level related business / functional domain knowledge
* Working understanding of the PMI's PMBOK Guide® or similar
* Technical certification such as PMP or MSP, PRINCE2 is desirable
* Ability to manage outsourcing vendors
* Strategic and business management skills
* Experience managing complex enterprise-wide projects
* Experience in effective project communication at all levels of the organisation within EMEA, as well as global IT.
* Familiarity with key metrics and processes for business areas such as Finance, Operations, Sales and Marketing
The crux of the role is to ensure that there is a clear understanding of business requirements and priorities ensuring appropriate IT solutions are identified & delivered in an expedient manner. You will define and own the IT Mission, formulate, and deploy short, medium and long-term strategic IT Plans that align the IT business model with business needs of the organisation.
Any formal project management qualification such as APM, Prince2, MSP, PMP and SFDR, ESG, Asset Management experience will give you a distinct advantage but is not essential.
A pre-requisite is the ability to consult with and gain the support of the key stakeholders, in particular department heads across all Divisions. You'll be a good influencer, able to get buy in from stakeholders & subordinates alike.
A fantastic opportunity to join a great blue-chip organisation, EXCLUSIVE TO INTERQUEST GROUP, interview slots to fill - please send your CV ASAP to avoid disappointment.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.