Business Analyst (Corporate Redesign)
£500 per day | London | Contract
Posted 16 days ago
Business Analyst (Corporate Redesign)
I currently have an opportunity working with a London Borough Council for a Business Analyst, focusing on Corporate Redesign.
This role is being offered:
* Contract Length: 4 months
* Day rate: £450 to £500 (inside IR35)
* Remote Working
The purpose of the role is to provide business analysis skills to projects and programmes. You will be expected to:
* Undertake current state analysis to document key components of as-is operations e.g. processes and systems using appropriate tools and techniques e.g. SIPOC
* Design and develop proposals for to-be operations employing user-centred design thinking approaches.
* Investigate operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
* Analyse stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues using suitable tools and techniques e.g. Porter's Five Forces, PESTLE, 5 whys etc.
* Elicit requirements and problems, and identify options for solutions. Analyse pros and cons of solutions and make rationalised recommendations for preferred solution.
* Undertake gap analysis and document business requirements in a suitable form for target audience. Establish priority of requirements using standard technique such as MoSCoW.
* Identify potential benefits, and available change options for consideration.
* Work with clients/ users in defining acceptance tests.
* The post-holder reports to the Head of Programme Office for line management purposes but will have matrix accountability to project/programme managers.
* The post-holder has no financial responsibility.
* The post-holder will work under general direction within a clear framework of accountability. They will exercise substantial personal responsibility and autonomy, planning their own work to meet given objectives and processes.
* The post-holder may have matrix management responsibility for up to 10 people including internal and external suppliers.
* The post-holder will be required to engage with and influence officers at all levels including Senior Leadership Team.
* The post-holder will work a 36 hour week, with the occasional requirement to work outside 'normal' office hours.
* The role will be remote working.
* A track record of having delivered business analysis in a large organisation
* Experience of delivering business analysis in a local authority would be advantageous
* Experience of working on multiple projects simultaneously and successfully delivering to timescales
* Experience of working within matrix management structures
* Experience of working with complex multi-agency partnerships and stakeholder groups, managing ambiguity and complexity
* Experience of using service redesign tools e.g. UCD, Double Diamond, SIPOC, User stories (agile methodology)
* Experience of using IT (e.g., Excel, MS Project, Visio) to plan and manage work, analyse and aggregate data, manage budgets, build financial models, and develop and track savings
* Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite and other IT applications
* Knowledge of current legislation, the key national and local policy issues, and of the challenges being set by the changing agenda relating to local government
* Able to understand the technical, behavioural and cultural elements of major transformational and change management initiatives within large complex organisations
* Evidence of relevant continuous professional development such as LEAN, Six-sigma, BCS, Agile
* Degree-educated or equivalent level experience.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.