£55,000 | Camberley | Permanent
Posted 5 days ago
Build Manager required for a permanent position to programme and manage telecommunications builds across the UK and to manage sub-contractors to deliver sites to meet client's rollout programme.
The Build Manager will be reporting to Senior Management on KPI's, quality and costs, and will be required to deliver build phase of project.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Deliver Build phase within an ADC environment
- Programme sites and resource to meet rollout requirements
- Manage sub-contractors and be single point of contact
- Capture variations and issue to finance
- Develop processes in conjunction with all parties
- Able to visit sites nationally.
- Support others in making decisions.
- Promote and comply with health and safety within the workplace to ensure the safety of staff, clients and others.
- Be expected to be able to operate all relevant IT systems required to efficiently produce documents, manage contracts and programmes.
- Coordinate administrative tasks within Build phase, Outages, Equipment call offs, REC Management etc.
Critical Knowledge & Experience
- A number of years' experience of building telecommunications sites.
- Have a good understanding of the technologies being deployed by all operators
- Have worked in a trade or from technology deployment background
- Have a knowledge of different operators (E///, Nokia, Huawei) kit
- Experience of managing multiple sites at any one time
- Experience of managing others
- Experience of managing sub-contractors
- General computing skills/knowledge.
- Plan a site build and produce a Gantt/bar chart programme of works
- Allocate resources to deliver site
- Use a template H&S to produce a site H&S plan
- Organise and supervise contractors on site
- Call of equipment, order material, plant, etc
- Liaise with Operators, site providers & members of the public
- Deliver site safe, clean and snag free.
- Experience of managing the expectations of both internal and external customers & suppliers.
- A CSCS/SMSTS construction qualification preferred
- Driving Licence
- First Aid at Work
- Working at Height/RF awareness Asbestos Awareness
- Any other management/trade qualification will be well regarded
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.