£25,000 | Wetherby | Permanent
Posted 18 days ago
I am hiring for an experienced Bookkeeper to join our successful client, an international industrial supplier based in Wetherby, West Yorkshire.
The role is responsible for the day to day management of the company's internal financial affairs and legal compliance for such activities
Initially a full time basis for 3 months but then reducing to a three or four day a week role, even five days a week but half days.
Salary £25,000 per annum DOE 25K a year (pro-rata if goes to part time).
Experience in Bookkeeping, excellent communication skills with a keen eye for detail and scrutinising. Forward thinking with a modern approach to Bookkeeping, using technology to assist in the efficient and accurate handling of accounts and communication with others.
Please pass on to anyone who may be interested/suitable.
* Daily usage of financial processes, enhancing and improving where necessary
* Creation of reporting (P&L, Cash flow, trial balances, management accounts etc)
* Balancing of accounts on a day to day basis
* Handling import/export Duty & VAT with freight forwarders
* Liaising with the Directors, clients, suppliers, banking, and accountants
* Booking in of supplier invoices, checking and disputing where necessary
* Processing invoices and checking and disputing where necessary
* Preparing payments to suppliers for authorisation
* Ensuring monies owed is received on time, expediting overdue accounts
* Submission of documents as required by law and government agencies
* Submitting financial reports to head office (Germany)
* Preparation of profit and loss accounts and basic monthly reporting
* Payroll, in collaboration with external accounts
* Auditing, in collaboration with external accountants
* Working in collaboration with external accounts in the preparation of VAT and other returns
* Responsible for screening new customers in accordance with export control procedures and company policy, and for informing others when a customer's status changes.
* Credit checking for existing and potential new accounts
* Stock cost/level reviews
This role may require from time to time to be flexible to the needs of the business, dependent upon skills, qualification, and experience.
Please apply now for immediate consideration to Georgina at InterQuest.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.