Competitive | London | Contract
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 14 days ago
Bid Manager - 12-month contract
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our most valued clients who are a technology industry leader in their field, in the recruitment of a Bid Manager on a 12-month contract basis. This role is responsible for management and ownership of bid process and bid team leadership for the Communication Services (CS) line of business. It plays a key role in ensuring sales targets and growth are achieved within the team. Commercial and strategic experience are a must for this role, to drive the successful conversion of the right business.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Lead the end-to-end CS (Communication Services) bid or proposal responses from initial expression of interest through to final client acquisition and handover to operational business.
* Lead a multi-disciplined bid team, in conjunction with the Sales Lead and Solution Lead, focused on the overall plan, setting priorities and deliverables, logistics and assigning resources enabling other functional areas to focus on their areas of expertise.
* Ownership of proposal responses, presentations, and other client deliverables, managing inputs from multiple authors and stakeholders.
* Development and maintenance of a bid plan, collaborating with the wider team, adhering to deal governance standard and to align with customer deadlines.
* Facilitate and manage meetings and calls within the bid team and with other groups (e.g., management reviews, client meetings) where appropriate.
* Monitoring and ensuring that bid team members undertake the necessary activities in a high quality and timely manner, even if not directly responsible for that activity.
* Utilise knowledge assets, relationships, peers, and other stakeholders to contribute to the efficiency and quality of a bid response, reusing materials where appropriate and leveraging best practice.
* Adhere to, and champion, the appropriate deal governance processes, standards and best practices.
* Perform editorial reviews of written bid responses - proof-read and edit bid responses as needed to improve clarity, accuracy and readability.
Skills & Experience
* Ideal candidates will have a proven background in a Bid Manager role, ideally with some experience of AV (audio visual), but not essential.
* You will also have proven experience of managing large complex bids preferably on a European or Global scale
* Candidates will ideally have strong written communication skills and experience of writing (essays/dissertation/projects), ideally technical writing.
* Strong Leadership alongside a clear focus on collaborative working
* Excellent Project Management skills, with a strong commercial acumen
* You will ideally be logical, methodical in your approach to process, able to prioritise, set expectations and execute and guide others to work according to priorities.
* High level of personal organisation and time management, as well as ability to work flexibly.
* Adept at creating and managing documents in standard Microsoft Office formats (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Projects)
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.