Competitive | London | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 12 days ago
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our most prestigious clients who are an industry leader in the technology sector, supporting them with the recruitment of a Bid Manager to join their thriving team in Central London (there will be remote working during the pandemic). The role will pay a highly competitive salary (available on request) car allowance and bonus.
This role is responsible for management and ownership of bid process and bid team leadership for the Communication Services (CS) line of business within our client and plays a key role in ensuring sales targets and growth are achieved within the team. This will include design and management of the bid plan according to customer requirements and incorporating internal governance steps and quality gates This role will give you an opportunity to shape and develop the CS bid function, joining at an exciting time for our client.
Commercial and strategic experience are a must for this role, to drive the successful conversion of the right business into Europe and globally. A successful candidate will bring a competitive, driven edge to build on their excellent team.
What is expected of the Bid Manager?
* Lead the end to end CS bid or proposal responses from initial expression of interest through to final client acquisition and handover to operational business.
* Lead a multi-disciplined bid team, in conjunction with the Sales Lead and Solution Lead, focused on the overall plan, setting priorities and deliverables, logistics and assigning resources enabling other functional areas to focus on their areas of expertise
* Ownership of proposal responses, presentations and other client deliverables, managing inputs from multiple authors and stakeholders.
* Development and maintenance of a bid plan, collaborating with the wider team, adhering to deal governance standard and to align with customer deadlines.
* Facilitate and manage meetings and calls within the bid team and with other groups (e.g. management reviews, client meetings) where appropriate.
* Monitoring and ensuring that bid team members undertake the necessary activities in a high quality and timely manner, even if not directly responsible for that activity.
* Utilise knowledge assets, relationships, peers and other stakeholders to contribute to the efficiency and quality of a bid response, reusing materials where appropriate and leveraging best practice.
* Help to resolve ambiguity, make informed and timely decisions, deal with diverging priorities between team members and any conflict or contention arising.
* Adhere to, and champion, the appropriate deal governance processes, standards and best practices, including ensuring that reviews are well prepared and run and that stakeholders are briefed in an appropriate and timely manner to help with overall efficiency and success of bid process.
* Fully review new tender invitations to assess client technical, commercial and legal requirements
* Perform editorial reviews of written bid responses - proof-read and edit bid responses as needed to improve clarity, accuracy and readability
What we look for in a Bid Manager?
* Bid Manager experience, ideally in AV, but not essential
* Strong written communication skills and experience of writing (essays/dissertation/projects), ideally technical writing.
* Strong Leadership alongside a clear focus on collaborative working
* Excellent Project Management skills, considering resource, milestones, dependencies in addition to quality and timeline
* Familiar with large, international company environments
* Commercially strong and tenacious attitude
* Logical, methodical approach to process, ability to prioritise, set expectations and execute and to guide others to work according to priorities and dependencies across workstreams.
* High level of personal organisation and time management, as well as ability to work flexibly
* Adept at creating and managing documents in standard Microsoft Office formats (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Projects)
What the Bid Manager will receive?
* Highly competitive basic salary (available on request)
* Car allowance
* Luxury offices close to major train stations in central London
* A global leading brand
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.