BI Team Lead, Reporting
£70,000 | Birmingham | Contract
Posted 12 days ago
* Fixed Term Contract
* 12 months Mat Cover
* Remote role but must be in thier west london office twice a week
* Must be able to start within the next month
The BI Reporting Lead role is required to provide hand-on leadership to the ABBA DevOps reporting team.
The scope of responsibility covers the full lifecycle from
* Incident/Defect/Enhancement management and resolution leading a Level 3 function into
* Solution Design and Development within an Agile Scrum framework and through to
* Release and Change Management.
DevOps roles at this level require a high degree of technical expertise and experience in reporting solution delivery, as well as background in managing support operations and leading teams as a Scrum Master within an Agile Scrum framework.
The role will have direct reports and will need effective co-ordination with multiple offshore teams, internal support and DevOps teams.
The role also involves incident management with the aim to maintain SLA breeches to the lowest level.
As part of the role, Release and change management responsibility is expected for all BI changes including ETL, DB and all supported front ends.
Measures or statistics relevant for the post:
* Incident Resolution metrics
* Sprint performance metrics
* Environment Availability metrics
* Release and Change Management metrics
Knowledge, skills and experience required
Level of education: Degree level
Field of study: Computer Science, Technical, Business
* In-depth knowledge and development experience of frontend reporting tools Cognos, PowerBI, OTBI,etc including knowledge of Databases and Data Warehousing principles
* Data and database analysis skills
Relevant working experience:
* Minimum of 7 years relevant working experience in Data Warehousing
* Experience with Global/European Data Warehouses and systems development and support
* Experience in international environments
Key results area
* Analysis and resolution of level 3 production support issues, either as emergencies or as routine fixes
* Show confidence dealing with an enterprise Change Management process, where process and documentation will have to be followed carefully, while still optimizing delivery times
* Show flexibility in using different styles of code development, including a rapid 'Agile' development process for some development, and an 'SDLC' waterfall methodology for larger projects as appropriate
* Review of level 1 and 2 support provided by a third party, providing guidance, coaching and coordination where necessary, to ensure delivery to SLA
* Review and optimization of the existing front end reporting solutions, to improve performance and stability
* Review and optimization of BI DevOps processes
* Communicate effectively with key internal BI customers around resolution of issues and development
* Assist and advise with BI development taking place across multiple teams
* Monitor all BI development to ensure continued architectural integrity of BI solution
Communications and working relationships
* Daily contact with BI DevOps team members
* Regular contact with Functional owners/Internal key customers
* Regular contact with the Change Control Board
* External suppliers of BI services
Scope for impact
The job holder manages and supports the front end reporting and associated components of the BI services according to the service levels agreed with the business.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.