BI SQL Developer
£450 per day | City of London | Contract
Posted 25 days ago
BI SQL Developer
Initial 6 Month Contract
Are you an experienced BI SQL Developer? Are you looking for your next exciting contract job opportunity? Would you like to work for a Global Loyalty and Benefits Organisation? Well, look no further as the perfect opportunity is right in front of you!
Purpose of the Job
To develop data automation solutions for key processes that are currently heavily manual as well as new onboarding processes. As a Microsoft SQL stack developer, you will automate the data loading processes for several different clients and solution streams. You will work with other BI developers to design and implement the solution. You will work closely with the business users as well as the BI team members to ensure we deliver to spec and time, continuously improve existing solutions and assist the business by ensuring data is readily available for reporting and analysis.
- Provide data loading and SQL/ETL development support across BAU activities
- Build solutions based on the business requirements and the problem to be solved
- Work on business projects using the Kanban methodology to develop, enhance and support database and ETL solutions
- Automate manual data tasks through development of ETL solutions
- Integration of multiple data sets into a single consolidated database
- Data profiling and analysis as required to support Business Analysts in technical requirements gathering
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Experience developing Microsoft SQL Server solutions (2012 or above)
- Strong experience with Microsoft Integration Services (SSIS)
- Strong experience with T-SQL, stored procedures, triggers, cursors and window functions
- Scheduling jobs using SQL Server Agent
- Supporting peer review, QA and user acceptance testing processes
- Good grasp of delivering incremental value through Agile Scrum and Kanban methodologies
- Ability to scope, estimate and deliver committed work on time, on own and as part of an agile team
- Able to deal with tight deadlines and changing priorities without being fazed
- Experience with Alteryx
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience with Microsoft Reporting Services
- Experience with Microsoft Access applications
- Experience with SVN (ideally) or Git Hub
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Data Lake
If you are interested and would like to review a full job spec please click APPLY and send CV's to Ashley.Waterman@ iqtalentsolutions.com OR call on: 01892 553 241.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.