BI Business Analyst
£65,000 | City of London | Permanent
Posted 12 days ago
BI Business Analyst
Are you looking for your next exciting permanent job opportunity? Would you like to join a Global Loyalty and Benefits organisation, based in the heart of London? Would you like to join an organisation where you will feel extremely valued and be allowed to hone your skills as a Business Analyst? Well, look no further as the perfect opportunity is right in front of you!
My client are looking for someone to come in and work on multiple Data Projects within the organisation. You will have strong Stakeholder Management skills and will be tech-savvy, with the ability to liaise with multiple departments, such as Development.
Purpose of the Role
As a Business Analyst focused on data projects, you will be involved in delivering BI, data and reporting solutions for different areas of the business. Our primary objective is faster delivery of quality data solutions supporting ever increasing business demand for data and analytics. You will work closely with product owners and stakeholders to lead conversations about feature development and pair with developers to deliver this as part of the data development team. Your focus will be on requirements gathering and data profiling, supporting the Data team in delivering solutions to time and quality. You will be part of our journey of moving Travel Experiences to the next level of analytics.
- Data analysis and data profiling to understand the data, data quality and data issues
- Analyse and model business and IT domain areas to create a complete picture of business and technical workflows and requirements
- Translate business and system requirements into functional Data solution requirements
- Create and maintain data dictionaries, data/process flows and other supporting documentation
- Support delivery of solutions and change management
- Support QA and User Acceptance Testing processes
- Assist with the creation of training material
- Drive continuous improvement through identifying opportunities and implementation of best practice standards
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Experience working as a Business Analyst on data related projects to elicit, analyse, validate, consolidate and prioritise business, systems and reporting requirements
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Proven track record of successful delivery of large scale data projects
- Proven working knowledge of Agile principles and the role of the BA in this methodology
- Experience in writing and backlog management of Epics, User Stories, Features and Acceptance Criteria for functional and non-functional requirements
- Skilled at data profiling to assess quality of data and identify issues
- Experience with Microsoft databases and proficient in writing T-SQL
- Proficient with Excel
- Experience with Tableau and Alteryx is highly desirable
- Exposure to AWS Data Lake and Analytics stack is highly advantageous
- Understanding of Data Warehouse principles in Big Data environments highly desirable
- Knowledge of Python / Other programming language desirable
- The drive and ambition to put data at the heart of decision making
If you are interested and would like to review a full job spec please click APPLY and send CV's to Ashley.Waterman@ iqtalentsolutions.com OR call on: 01892 553 241.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.