AWS Cloud Architect
£95,000 | Kingswood | Permanent
Posted +1 month ago
AWS Cloud Architect
£85,000 - £95,000 plus benefits (inc bonus)
Surrey (Hybrid Working)
We are currently recruiting for an AWS Cloud Architect working for a leading name in UK financial services. This is a pivotal role within the organisation and you will the central point of AWS contact within the Technologies community with regards to AWS Infrastructure and Services best practice.
- Contribute to strategic development of AWS Cloud practices for both Run and Change.
- Collaborate with Architecture, Engineering and Security colleagues and squads to advocate best practices and assist implement such.
- Create and maintain AWS Cloud architecture patterns and use cases examples, where applicable map to specific AWS services including TCO. Specific strengths in Kubernetes and Infrastructure as Code.
- Continually review and extend AWS Runbooks ensuring Engineering resilience and TCO Controls.
- Operate collegiately with one team mindset within DevOps, SRE, SW Engineering communities providing AWS Infrastructure & Services guidance of adoption and Run at inception of design
- Support the standardisation of AWS practices for resilience of Run including monitoring, testing, and where necessary conduct implementation reviews to ensure best practice for "you build it, you run it" teams".
- Where appropriate support Incident Response team and any subsequent improvements to the Enterprise estate.
- You will need to have an extensive background in AWS Cloud Architecture
and DevOps CI/CD practices
- Cloud Platforms primarily AWS; Solid experience and background working
with AWS services (EC2, EKS(K8), VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, WAF, Lambda,
SNS, ELK, Connect, LEX etc.)
- Total Cost of Operating techniques and aware of the correct patterns for implementation and resilience.
- Experience of API build and integration
- Knowledge of Cloud Networking including firewalls and Security
- Kubernetes / Microservices
- AWS Architecture qualifications preferred
- Knowledge of automation tooling to facilitate CI/CD
Application of Infrastructure knowledge
- You may have experience with Physical Data Centre assets and migration
- Awareness of CloudHealth and direct working with AWS TAM's
Our client is committed to investing in people's continued learning and growth and would support the successful candidate's growth across AWS Architecture including security or any other Cloud/Infrastructure training.
Candidates must be based in UK. Sponsorship can be provided.
Please apply now for more information
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.