Automated Test Engineer UK
£75,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 22 days ago
One of the world's award-winning creative agencies based in multiple capitals of the world, who pride themselves on the quality of their digital products and have some of the world's biggest brands as their clients.
They are currently looking for an automated test engineer to join their growing team and work remotely with one of their most important clients in the UK.
The opportunity is to become part of an existing team that is working on several high-profile media applications.
They have highlighted that it is substantially a mindset that they are looking for rather than a particular tooling experience, they are looking for someone who will demonstrate a true understanding of the advantages that test automation can bring and how to apply that understanding in a practical and pragmatic manner
With most of their client's test automation run as Jenkins jobs currently, confidence with system engineering tasks will be valuable.
AUTOMATED TEST ENGINEER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Although they want an automated tester, this is not about basic Selenium or RestAssured automation, it is an opportunity to:
* Lead the creation and maintenance of automated end-to-end tests.
* Make shrewd decisions on what to automate by balancing effort against benefits.
* Evaluate new tools and approaches to produce faster, more reliable tests.
* Devise and implement innovative bespoke solutions when off-the-shelf tools are not a good fit.
* Troubleshoot and improve continuous integration systems.
* Support and share knowledge with the team.
* Challenge assumptions, anticipate problems and propose creative solutions.
* Promote and maintain a culture of quality across the whole development team.
* Contribute to continuous improvement of our ways of working.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will:
* Experienced with Jenkins or other continuous integration systems.
* Know their way around cloud services, ideally AWS.
* Understand queue-based workflows.
* Focus on producing clean, maintainable code.
* Appreciate the importance of robust testing practices in producing quality software.
In addition, experience with, or at least an interest in, audio and video streaming technologies would be GREATLY beneficial.
* A critical problem-solver who sees solutions not problems.
* A collaborator with a positive, friendly attitude who is not afraid to share ideas.
* Not afraid to challenge the norm and disrupt traditional thinking.
* Process is driven by a relentless obsession for detail and quality.
* Demonstrable equivalent professional experience.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.