Assistant Company Secretary
£60,000 | London | Contract
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 23 days ago
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our key clients, a leader in the retail sector to support them with the recruitment of an Assistant Company Secretary on an interim contract basis for 3 months. This can be an FTC paying up to £60,000 or a day rate equivalent inside of IR35. The role is remote during the pandemic (which we expect to be the length of the contract) and based in West London thereafter.
You will assist the Deputy Group Secretary in supporting the Board and Committee meeting processes, ensuring that the legal entities in the Group are compliant with companies legislation, the Listing Rules and corporate governance best practice and supporting shareholder projects including the Annual Report and Accounts and Annual General Meeting.
What is expected of the Assistant Company Secretary?
* Managing agendas and production of subsidiary board packs for main UK operating Boards, and minuting these board meetings;
* Managing the statutory compliance of Group subsidiaries in the UK, including making any required filings with Companies House and updating the internal corporate database with changes to the directorate, share capital and registration details of the international subsidiaries;
* Reviewing subsidiary company accounts;
* Updating terms of reference and other governance documentation in accordance with external best practice;
* Drafting and managing the dividend timetable and documentation;
* Maintaining governance documents including the Group Directors' induction pack, directors' conflicts register, directors' interests register.
What we look for in an Assistant Company Secretary?
* High quality written and spoken English
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Able to work well with other departments and develop good working relationships across the business at all levels
* Highly organised self-starter with good time management skills and ability to work to deadlines
* Excellent attention to detail
* IT Skills - good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint
* Experience of Company Secretarial work
* Previous use of GEMS (corporate database software), Diligent (Board pack software) and InsiderTrack (Market Abuse Regime management software) desirable.
* Experience working in the Company Secretariat team of a FTSE350
What the Assistant Company Secretary will receive?
- £60,000 or day rate equivalent
- 3-month contract
- Chance to get a leading household name on your CV
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.