Application Support Manager
£100,000 | London | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 18 days ago
Keywords: application, support, manager, managerial, production, uat, batches, intraday, overnight sharepoint, smi, qlikview, ibmmq, messaging, automated, data, warehouses, change, 1stline, 2ndline, 3rdline, risk, prioritisation, escalation, ownership, communication, sql, cadis, controlm, qlikview, unix, solaris, asset management, buy-side, sell-side
My client is a leading global Investment Management business looking to hire a highly technical Application Support Manager to direct the support of all scheduled processes (both in production and UAT), including: intra-day and overnight batches, data services applications, messaging to 3 rd parties, automated file transfers and data loading. The incumbent would also be responsible for the oversight and management of the business' change management functions and oversight of the 1 st line overnight support team based in India. The incumbent would be responsible for acting as the point of contact for out of hours escalation and management of weekend working.
The Application Support Manager will be expected to:
* Customer Relationship Management - ensure regular discussions with key users on both a formal and informal basis. Provide timeframes of expected solutions to users and create plans to minimise delays.
* Issue Management - Prioritise issues based on business risk. Ensure issues are assigned to the support team and escalate any issues that could incur financial or reputational loss.
* Team Management - Set objectives for the team and provide regular feedback on performance to minimise the obstacles on career objectives. Formulate training plans for everyone and communicate to them the status of key issues relevant to their area such as changes to processes and policies. Also ensure as the point of escalation for the team that help/support is readily available.
* Product Teams Relationship Management - maintain regular involvement with product teams and own handover plans, taking responsibility for delivery.
* Environment Management - prioritise UAT issues and treat UAT as the first line of defence of the production environment.
* Manage vendor relationships to ensure business risks are minimised.
The successful Application Support Manager will possess:
* Strong SQL skills (MS SQL Server), with any knowledge of Cadis, Control M, QlikView, Reporting Services and UNIX (Solaris) advantageous.
* Proven experience in identifying, defining and prioritising new work.
* Ability to deal with difficult problems whilst dealing confidently with conflict, maintaining strong professional relationships.
* Openness and integrity - knowing what to do and when, under high pressure demands.
* Previous management experience, ideally remote teams across different time zones. However, a strong technical skillset with some managerial responsibilities in the past could work (point of contact/escalation point).
* Proven experience in providing on-call support (preferably overnight batches).
The role will adopt a hybrid split of working 3 days per week in the offices, 2 days working from home.
Please get in touch for more details.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.