Application Support Analyst
£800 per day | London | Contract
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 20 days ago
Keywords: Application, Support, Analyst, BAU, 3 rd party, bespoke, financial, finance, quantitative, modelling, platform, investment, banking, testing, project, FX, trading, bonds, equities, java, vba, scripting, sql, benchmarks, performance, cadis, controlm, communication
My client is a leading global Investment Management business looking to hire an experienced financial Application Support Analyst within the Currency team to ensure BAU needs of the business are met, supporting 3 rd party front office programs to bespoke quantitative financial modelling platforms. This is a user-facing role which requires some change management and development tasks. There is also an out of hours rota with some occasional scheduled weekend work.
The Application Support Analyst will be expected to:
* Prioritise issue resolution based on business risk, whilst devising and developing solutions appropriate to the urgency of the problem.
* Ensure users are provided with updates on calls at intervals appropriate to the severity of the problem and provide timescales where possible.
* Identify and engage with projects, ensuring final delivery is acceptable to the support team to deal with BAU queries.
* Provide testing where necessary on larger projects to validate results.
* Work closely with the Currency Traders, Portfolio Managers, and other key business stakeholders and maintain strong relationships with them.
* Work with the Developers to investigate issues, assisting with patching and maintenance.
The successful Application Support Analyst will possess:
* Proven track record of supporting bespoke financial applications on model driven trading platforms.
* Experience of FX trading ideally, or Bonds and Equities.
* Basic SQL skills requires as there is access to the application databases.
* Capable of working with incomplete information to determine dependencies and constraints.
* Strong communication and relationship skills to discuss key issues and their importance to the business.
The successful Application Support Analyst might possess:
* Experience of CADIS or ControlM advantageous (although training will be provided).
* Knowledge of Benchmarks and Performance.
* Experience of Java, VBA or a scripting language.
The role will adopt a hybrid model of working, 3 days per week in the London office, and 2 days per week WFH. There is a rota with which varies weekly and the occasional expectation to do out of hour/weekend work where you are paid overtime.
Please get in touch for more details.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.