Application Support Analyst
£75,000 | London | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 7 days ago
Keywords: Application, Support, Analyst, SQL, T-SQL, PL-SQL, MSSQL, powershell, tableau, qlkiview, ssrs, powerbi, controlm, uc4,
My client is a leading global Investment Management business looking to hire a technical Application Support Analyst, responsible for the day-to-day support and the underlying infrastructure required by the business including administration, application support, security, infrastructure services and providing help to the offshore programme.
What is expected by the Application Support Analyst?
* Prioritise issue resolution based on business risk.
* Ensure that issues are owned from notification to closure.
* Ensure there is regular contact with users (predominantly IT users).
* Undertake small scale development tasks, primarily creating checks and automation and data reconstructions
* Participate in and initiate relevant meetings.
* Ensure that IT Operations' documented procedures are followed.
Essential Skills required by the Application Support Analyst:
* Excellent technical and business application knowledge and an understanding of automated processes.
* Strong SQL skills, ideally in Microsoft SQL.
* Confidently dealt with 3 rd Line Support issues with difficult problem solving.
* Ability to participate in an overnight on-call rota and flexibility when major issues occur, independently.
* Able to work with incomplete information and to determine dependencies and constraints, likely to be of a highly technical nature.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Proven experience in Application Support in a Windows environment.
* Multi-tiered application support experience.
* Deep understanding of how to create scripts to solve/automate (Powershell).
* Experience supporting a user facing reporting system such as Tableau, Qlkiview, SSRS, PowerBI or similar.
Desirable Skills required by the Application Support Analyst:
* Experience in supporting applications based in the cloud, specifically Azure is highly advantageous.
* Some development experience would be handy.
* Supporting an enterprise level scheduling system such as Control M or UC4.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.