Competitive | West Yorkshire | Permanent
Posted 5 days ago
Application Specialist required to join a nationally renowned organisation based in West Yorkshire
As an Application Specialist you will work as part of the Application Support team to deliver services to both internal and external customers, using third party and bespoke systems. The main activities are focused on the smooth running of current systems, delivering change to ensure improvements are made and compliance with changing standards is maintained.
* Flexible working
* 27 days holiday with the opportunity to increase this by 5 days a quarter
* Leading pension contributions
Key areas of responsibility
* Delivery of service for supported applications and the user community. Ensures that requests for support are correctly logged, assigned and responded to in a timely manner and according to agreed standards and procedures.
* Monitoring applications, systems and service and ensuring acceptable levels of performance and quality
* Investigate, propose and drive improvements to applications, systems and services
* Works with other Technology department teams and the user community to agree and deliver changes and enhancements according to business priorities while considering change benefits, operational risk analysis, service availability and timescales
* Operational acceptance testing of changes and services to be transitioned into production use
* Takes responsibility to ensure that all changes whether technology or business driven are tested and implemented in such a manner to minimise the risk of such changes
* Maintains in-depth knowledge of the supported systems portfolio of new and legacy systems in their charge
* Maintains a relationship with third-party and internal application development staff
* Provision of expert knowledge of all issues associated with the integration of supported systems and system components and their interfaces
* Represent and fulfill application support duties and tasks when working in project teams and delivering work request initiatives
If you feel the role is for you do not hesitate to get in touch - email me at email@example.com alternatively to find out more call me on 01423878687
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.