Application Services Manager
£65,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 8 days ago
Application Services Manager - £60 - £65K
Job purpose: As the Application Services Manager, you will take full responsibility for ensuring that the clients customer-critical production applications are effectively managed, developed, delivered, and supported throughout the organisation and across the application lifecycle. The core customer-focussed applications include, but are not limited to, Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM, data feeds (ETLs),r Website, and ecommerce solution. The manager’s remit also covers the integration layer which connects key customer applications, including CRM, learning management solution, online customer portal, and ecommerce solution.
You will be responsible for building relationships with application service provider(s) and internal stakeholders ensuring that services are delivered are in-line with agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs). As Application Services Manager, you will lead ITIL adoption and improvements across the application team and will own, manage, and champion IT Service Management processes including KPI Reporting, supplier and contract management (including service reviews), service design and transition and be actively involved in continual service improvement (CSI).
The Application Services Manager will also ensure that all new projects and changes are effectively transitioned into operational support and will act as the primary point of contact for project teams to ensure effective resourcing, processes and contracts are agreed prior to new services becoming productionised.
· Establish and continuously improve the application capabilities and capacity within the organisation to ensure delivery of relevant support via the management of a minimum 5-person multi-disciplinary technical team.
Manage all application services activities ensuring they are conducted thoroughly and to a high standard, and that it results in a high-quality end user experience.
· Lead the monitoring and continuous improvement of business-critical applications and data feeds, including MS D365 CRM, APIs and ecommerce, to ensure TLS can develop and deliver products and services effectively to customers via digital channels.
.Develop application support offerings to deliver advice and guidance to users to promote continuous improvement, including user-friendly educational tools, regular communications, and communities of practice to increase knowledge and skills across the organisation.
·Working with colleagues, drive the establishment of the clients hybrid resource model, including establishing internal communities of practice to increase capabilities across the organisation.
.Support Master Data Management (MDM) across the clients technical estate.
·Provide ad-hoc reports and dashboards.
·Manage system usage including developing then maintaining application data dictionaries, setting appropriate data access controls, maintaining data security/compliance, and continuously improving data availability and reliability.
·Monitor and report on application system performance, usage, and reliability, and manage relevant incidents across multiple teams.
·Lead end-to-end ownership of application incidents, problems, and continuous service improvement management processes and delivery.
.Lead all major application incidents including collaboration with the Service Delivery Manager.
·Lead the root cause analysis within the Application Services team and report findings and recommendations to internal stakeholders.
·Scrutinise and continuously improve operational support activities to drive service excellence.
·Collaborate with Information and Design, Change and Delivery teams to ensure successful delivery of projects and programmes.
·Core member of the internal Change Advisory Board (CAB) to ensure smooth implementation of application changes and minimise service interruptions.
·Own, in collaboration with other IT Operational managers, supplier relationship management for operational and BAU vendors.
·Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers to facilitate the delivery of smooth and effective services.
·Implement measures to proactively, and reactively, identify trends for incidents and problems relating to applications.
·Develop and review service KPI’s monthly, or as required, and monitor performance against them to ensure they are relevant to business requirements and provide a framework for providing a high-quality service to the organisation.
·Lead the adoption of ITIL principles and practices across the application team.
·Produce regular performance reports and other relevant information, including risk and business impact, to senior management to facilitate informed decision-making.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
· ITIL Foundation certified.
· PRINCE2 or Agile certified.
· Strong understanding of application support and development in Dynamics 365 CRM, Power Platform, Integration Services, APIs, customer facing portals and ecommerce.
· Substantial experience of data management and governance practices and tools.
· Good understanding of data protection legislation and implications for the business and solutions.
· Previous experience in roles involving business process analysis, design, and mapping.
· Supplier relationship and performance management
· Substantial experience in application service operations
· Experience of developing IT policies, processes, and procedures.
· Strong reasoning and advisory skills, with the ability to influence others.
· Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with staff at all levels in the organisation.
· Strong analytical, presentation, and report writing skills.
· Significant experience of leading teams – both internally, with suppliers and managed service providers.
· Experience of coaching, mentoring and people development.
· Experience of using KPIs to drive continual service improvement.
· Ability to effectively engage with and influence senior management.
· Ability to resolve conflict and to deal with competing priorities.
· Significant experience of driving continuous service improvement.
· The ability to build and continually improve an application service function including support and development of applications.
· Substantial experience of IT service design and delivery.
· Develop and present business cases for change programmes to gain buy-in from stakeholders and to ensure that the organisation is in line with best practice.
· Strong resilience and the ability to deal with ambiguity.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.