3rd Line Engineer
£34,000 | South Yorkshire | Permanent
Posted 4 days ago
IQ Tech are currently hiring for an experienced IT Support 3 rd Line Engineer to join our client, a well-established organisation in the financial sector. This role is based in South Yorkshire, offering a salary of up £34,000 PA, plus additional benefits.
In this office based role you will be responsible in providing support to the IT Operations team, including administering information systems and delivering project support across all areas of the business - ensuring excellent service and value to the business.
Key responsibilities include (but not limited to):
* Advising the business on new technology
* Delivering 3 rd line support for all Windows based technologies (including Windows Server and Microsoft Exchange)
* Formatting technical documents
* Ensuring SLA's are met
* Creating internal management reports
* Liaising with suppliers and 3 rd parties
Whilst this role is office based, there may be occasional travel to consult 3 rd parties in relation to the IT Function.
Required skills and experience:
* Commercial experience in a similar role supporting Windows Server / Infrastructure
* Ability to support and implement Microsoft Technologies, including Server, Exchange, windows 7/8
* Knowledge of IT Security and Associated technologies
* Knowledge of PCI DSS and DPA.
* Understanding of call centre telephony systems and ideally Cisco products
* Strong understanding of ITIL processes
Other desirable skills
* Relevant Microsoft Certification
* VMWare / Hyper-V
* Linux/Unix and Configurations Systems
* Scripting Language - VBScript or Powershell
* MCSE Qualification
* NAS/SAN Storage & Backup Systems
Due to the nature of some of the responsibilities you'll need to hold a clean driving licence.
If you are interested in hearing more details about this role, please apply via the advert for consideration.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.