2nd line Network Project Engineer - 6 month contract
£260 per day | Harrogate | Contract
Posted 12 days ago
2nd line Network Project Engineer |Cisco Certified - CCNA |Project Services | Outside IR35 | 6 month contract | up to £260 pd (depending on experience)
We are urgently looking for a 2nd line Network Project Engineer to join a well-established service desk team for one of Yorkshires most successful managed service providers.
As a member of the service desk team you will be responsible for delivery a high quality service to the client base.
* 5-years + technical experience in a service provider background, network project implementation role or similar.
* CCNP level in one of more following areas; Routing and switching, Wireless, Data Centre or security.
* Advanced knowledge of WAN and LAN technologies.
* Able to work independently on projects and support issues.
* Full understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack backed up by hands on experience working with IPv4 and IPv6.
* Proven experience working with MPLS technologies including L2/L3 VPN and traffic engineering, OSPF, BGP, and QoS on Cisco networks
* Experience working with various network operating systems - IOS, IOS-XR NX-OS and Huawei VRP.
* Working knowledge of Cisco ASA.
* Good communications and customer service skills and proven record of liaising directly with customers, vendors, service providers and suppliers.
* Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco and Fortigate firewalls.
* Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting various network equipment, especially routers and switches.
* Broadband technologies - ADSL / FTTC-
* Cisco Networking - Routers / Switches / Firewalls
* Wireless technologies - Aruba / Meraki / 3G
* VoIP telephony solutions - Polycom / Cisco
* Device / Environmental monitoring platforms
* Virtualisation and Storage technologies - Application and Server technologies
* AD / Exchange / CitriX
* Data Centre environment
Please apply to this advert: email@example.com
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.