24-7 Service Delivery Engineer - Tier 2
Competitive | Kent | Permanent
Posted 14 days ago
A market-leading IT Solutions provider specialising in platform hosting, network infrastructure, data centre and business continuity services for small, medium and large enterprises, public sector organisations, as well as other diverse market sectors is looking for a 24/7 Service Delivery Engineer (Tier2).
The company operates a 24x7 service support model and the ideal candidate will join their specialist team working a shift pattern of 12-hour shifts between 8-8 covering an average working week of 44 hours. Due to the nature of the role, a higher salary that includes working for unsociable hours is included.
This company is experiencing rapid expansion and has a record of sustained growth. The company's facilities include two data centres, a disaster recovery suite, a network operations centre, all located in a highly secure campus. The company is predominantly focused on Microsoft Technologies, as well as industry leading providers of Routers, Switches, Firewalls and Wireless Technologies, Printers, Desktops and Servers and Telephony and Connectivity services.
This is an exciting opportunity for an IT professional with Server, Desktop, Active Directory and Networking skills to join a fantastic company promoting unique solutions and a hands-on approach.
As a Service Delivery Engineer, you will be providing a mixture of 2nd and 3rd line service desk/remote support to their growing customer base. Reporting directly to the Service Operations Manager, you will work closely with other service engineers in the Platform, Infrastructure and Internet Services Teams.
To be considered for this opportunity you must possess:
* Excellent technical and communication skills
* A can-do attitude with strong customer services skills
* A calm and patient manner whilst working under pressure
* Previous experience working in a service desk role, either with a service provider or within a corporate environment
* A Microsoft Server MCP Exam would be preferred
You must be able to demonstrate proven abilities in the support and installation of a variety of IT solutions. It is also essential to have a working knowledge and practical experience of the following:
* Microsoft Desktop & Office Systems
* Microsoft Server and Virtualisation Technologies
* Active Directory Security and Administration as well as Group Policy Object (GPO)
* Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
* Support of hardware, printers, desktops and servers
* Email, Antivirus, Web-Filtering and Backup software
* Networking knowledge regarding WAN, LAN, VLAN, VPN, WLAN, layer 2/3 switching, Firewalls and routers.
* Mobile devices/phones
Candidates must have a current driving license and have access to their own vehicle.
The role will include some extended / unsocial hours. There is the potential to augment the basic salary with overtime (as the requirement arises) and other defined benefits. The role may involve some manual handling from time to time.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.